Our Roadmap towards Green Future Networks
The NGMN Alliance focuses on the most relevant topics of mobile telecommunications today and in the future – addressing and embracing the entire industry. Green Future Networks and building sustainable environmentally conscious solutions is one of our main strategic focus topics.
At the @FutureNet World our CEO @Anita Döhler shared NGMN’s steps towards Green Future Networks – providing an overview and recommendations on:
- Telco supply chain sustainability/circular economy
- Reducing environmental impact: measures to reduce emissions including eco-design of products
- Network energy efficiency and metering
- KPIs for green networks
Download her presentation here and watch the recording here.
In the meantime, we invite you to read our latest Green Future Networks publications:
- Telco supply chain sustainability/circular economy (https://www.ngmn.org/wp-content/uploads/230117-NGMN-GFN_Supply-Chain-Sustainability_v1.0.pdf)
- Reducing environmental impact: measures to reduce emissions including eco-design of products (https://www.ngmn.org/publications/network-equipment-eco-design-and-end-to-end-service-footprint.html)
- Network energy efficiency (https://www.ngmn.org/wp-content/uploads/211009-GFN-Network-Energy-Efficiency-1.0.pdf, Version 2 to be released soon!) and metering (https://www.ngmn.org/wp-content/uploads/220125-GFN-Metering-White-Paper-v1.0.pdf)
- KPIs for green networks (https://www.ngmn.org/wp-content/uploads/230222_NGMN_GFN_KPIs_Target_Values-V1.0.pdf)