The NGMN Alliance (Next Generation Mobile Networks Alliance) is an open forum founded by world-leading mobile network operators. Its goal is to ensure that next generation network infrastructure, service platforms and devices will meet the requirements of operators and, ultimately, will satisfy end user demand and expectations.
NGMN seeks to incorporate the views of all interested stakeholders in the telecommunications industry and is open to three categories of participants (NGMN Partners): Mobile network operators (Members), vendors, software companies and many other leading industry players (Contributors), and research institutes contributing substantially to mid- to long-term innovation (Advisors).
We asked our Board Members where they do see the key value and industry impact of NGMN. Here is what they say.
Our CEO Anita Döhler speaks about the value of collaboration in an interview at the Connect Conference 2023.
VISION & MISSION
The vision of the NGMN Alliance is to provide impactful guidance to achieve innovative and affordable mobile telecommunication services for the end user with a particular focus on supporting 5G’s full implementation, Mastering the Route to Disaggregation, Sustainability and Green Networks, as well as 6G.
The mission of the NGMN Alliance is
- to evaluate and drive technology evolution towards 5G’s full implementation and the three major priorities for 2023 and beyond:
Route to disaggregationLeading in the development of open, disaggregated, virtualised and cloud native solutions with a focus on the E2E Operating Model
Green future networksBuilding sustainable & environmentally conscious solutions
Emergence of 6G highlighting key trends across technology and societal requirements plus use cases to address
- to establish clear functional and non-functional requirements for mobile networks of the next generation
- to provide guidance to equipment developers, standardisation bodies and cooperation partners, leading to the implementation of a cost-effective network evolution
- to provide an information exchange forum for the industry on critical and immediate concerns and to share experiences and lessons learnt for addressing technology challenges
- to identify and remove barriers for enabling successful implementations of attractive mobile services
NGMN Alliance e.V.
Grosser Hasenpfad 30
60598 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Phone: +49 69 907 49 98 0
Fax: +49 69 907 49 98 41