Telecommunication Development Industry Alliance (TDIA) was initiated on October 30th, 2002 voluntarily by seven enterprises who actively commit themselves to the development of TDD mobile communication technologies, they are China Academy of Telecommunications Technology (Datang Telecom Technology and Industry Group), Holley Group, Huawei, Lenovo (Beijing), ZTE, China Electronics Corporation, and POTEVIO. The TDIA, formerly known as TD-SCDMA Industry Alliance, is a Non-Profit organization with the substantial support of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), and the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC). China Mobile joined us on 2008 and now we have 15 council members and over 100 members totally. Mr. Yang Hua, who leads TDIA creating cohesiveness of all members and making collective strength of TDD innovation technologies, was elected as our Secretary-General in October, 2002.
The history of TDIA mimics the development progress of Chinese mobile communication technologies. From the TD Industry Alliance in 2008 to the Telecommunication Development Industry Alliance in 2013, the renaming of the TDIA not only represented the upscaling of our missions but also demonstrates a new era of mobile communication technologies. This NPO has been engaged in integrating industry resources, building up the industry chain, and promoting the development of the Chinese mobile communication industry based on TDD technologies.
As the rapid development of mobile internet and requirements to improve the latency, our current mission is to drive toward 4G+ & 5G jointly with our members to.
- Communicate and provide suggestions to related governmental departments to make principle policies for completing the long-term development of the mobile communication industry.
- Coordinate the Spectrum plan on behalf of our members with different parties and regions.
- Organize various requirements and enhance the inner sharing of industry resources between members, in terms of creating mutual benefits.
- Promote and improve the standardization in the telecom industry.
- Enhance and promote the commercial progress of both 4G and 5G.
- Speak up for Chinese 5G development globally.
For further information about us, please find out our website, http://www.tdia.cn/ or follow us at Linkedin.